Eco Candle Co. is a woman-owned, green-minded business located in Downtown Appleton that creates and sells soy candles and home fragrance products. We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic people to join our team of artisans and sales people.
Fill out an application HERE. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover letter within the form.
OUR CURRENT OPENINGS
>>> PRODUCTION ASSISTANT <<<
The Production Assistant will work alongside the Production Manager, overseeing the production of all of our candles—more than 700 different combinations! Because our assortment is so vast, it’s important that the Production Assistant is self-motivated, a fast learner, efficient, and has a keen eye for detail. Production is the lifeblood of the company and enables us to sell our beautiful, hand-crafted candles all over the US! This position doesn’t pin you behind a desk all day, every day—a huge bonus for those who are active and have creative minds.
- Operate wax melters, stoves and scales.
- Hand-pour a wide variety of candles.
- Manage time to successfully complete projects on schedule.
- Maintain function and cleanliness of the pouring room and equipment.
- Print and organize labels and packaging materials.
- Assist in other production activities such as making home fragrance products or bath and body products, as needed.
- Assist in other operations activities such as order fulfillment, shipping or packaging products, as needed.
- Maintain inventory and stock levels of finished products as well as product components.
- Accurately figure, weigh and measure raw materials.
- Keep accurate and thorough documentation of products in testing.
- Assist with various other duties as they arise.
- Availability in the daytime and some Saturdays during training. Once trained, the hours can be more flexible but some weekends will be required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have completed high school or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to multitask and manage time is essential.
- Focused individual with exceptional attention to detail.
- Basic math skills necessary: multiplication, division, addition and subtraction as well as figuring percentages, weights and measures.
- Ability to adapt and change in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess a positive attitude and be respectful of fellow employees.
- Work is performed indoors.
- Will work daily with stove-top burners, waxy equipment and surfaces, hot glue guns, soy wax, fragrance and essential oils.
- Will be required to bend, kneel, reach, stand, push, pull and work with hands daily.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds regularly (as well as carry up and down stairs).
- Must be able to work standing up for the majority of the day.
**Due to the long training process we do not hire summer only help.
>>> RETAIL ASSOCIATE <<<
Part-time and Full-time available. Weekday and weekend hours required. Must have availability between the hours of 10a-6p weekdays, 9a-5p Saturday and 10-4p Sunday.
- Welcome and engage with customers as they enter the store.
- Assess customers’ needs and recommend products.
- Advise customers on current sales, promotions and events.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of retail store and back stock area.
- Answer telephone calls regarding the retail store.
- Stock sales floor.
- Fulfill retail pickup orders.
- Use a POS system to process payments and returns, sign customers up for a rewards program and issue gift cards.
- Help efficiently and accurately label and package candles and other products made on-site.
- Assist with some production, as needed.
- Assist with picking orders, as needed.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
- A Team player
- Self-motivated with the desire to get things done!
- Able to lift 50lbs, and carry 25 lbs up and down stairs.
If you feel that Eco Candle Company + you is the perfect match, then contact us today. Come be a part of something something great!
Resume and cover letter may be dropped off at our retail store or submitted along with the form above.