CANDLE CARE AND INSTRUCTIONS
Candles are completely safe to enjoy, but should be used with care and attention so that they do not lead to an accidental fire or injury. We urge consumers to be careful when burning candles and recommend the following rules below for burning candles safely. Each candle includes lighting and care instructions on the bottom label.
- Trim candle wicks to ⅛-¼ inch EVERY time before burning.
- For the initial lighting allow the candle to create a full and even burn pool across the entire candle. The rule of thumb is to burn one hour per inch in diameter.
- For subsequent lightings our recommended burn time is no more than 3-4 hours depending on the size of the candle.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep candles out of the reach of small children and pets.
- Burn candle on a heat-resistant surface.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and ceiling fans to minimize smoking or uneven burn.
- Always burn candles in a room with ventilation.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a candle when the wax is liquid.
- Never extinguish candles with water.
- Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.